Friday, April 3, 2009

HTML

HTML - is well something that I often use, though rarely to create web pages from scratch! I often use HTML when posting to forums or when updating web CT content. When I want to build a web page however I usually use one of those short cut bit of software and then only go to the HTML if I want something specific done that I can't get to work otherwise.


This did take me back to my college days when we had to make a web page from scratch using HTML as part of a per tertiary, Computer Science course I was doing. Anyway here is a screen shot of the page I created this time:


And the learning process.... well a lot of what the tutorial covered I was already familiar with and using... that aside I did learn how to put in links to be emailed, something I had never done before. I also found the links to the pages of special characters and colour numbers rather useful. And the thing with the red dot.... well that was interesting and has given me some ideas for my future web pages!

As for the satisfaction factor... knowing how to do something at the base level is great, but as it is so fiddly with putting all the tags and bits in, it stifles more free flowing thought and creativity that blogging for example allows (now that I'm getting used to not overly moderating myself anyway!).

No comments:

Post a Comment