Friday, March 20, 2009

Extra, extra, read all about... nothing!

Part 1 to the neswrougps saga starts with me trying to sign up to a newsgroup... after spending about an hour trying with no luck I was almost ready to give up, when I stumbled onto this site.


That in combination with going to google, which automatigally signed me in to my account, and then wondering what the "my group" tab at the top did, actually resulted in being able to sign up for some news groups. I ended up signing up for 7 of them!!

Part 2 results in waiting a few days so that I actually get some newsgroup alerts... only to find that I then had to go through another whole process to activate them further brefore reading!!! ARRRGH, at this point I give up on the newsgroups, and conclude in the current age or RSS feeds that they are a far more efficient and practical way to get up to date informaiton on a topic of interest. And if the point of joining the newsgroup is to add to a conversation.... well forums are just far more practical and user friendly to join.

I think I'll pass on participating in the convuluted process required to be part of a news group!

No comments:

Post a Comment