Sunday, June 7, 2009

Taking things too far....

When has someone taken things too far online or cheated on their RL partner online? I think the answer to this is very much individual for each couple depending on the type of relationship a couple has and how they set the boundaries on what is acceptable within their relationship. This varies between people based on religion, culture and other similar aspects that go towards making their individual identity.

I think regardless of what one couple finds appropriate vs another couple, they can all use the same basic following rule to define when things have gone too far online. If you engage in any sort of cyber-activity or conversation that you would not want your partner to know about, you have gone too far!

This is not to say that everyone should tell their partner every tiny detail of of what they do online, for example I'm sure most partners woudn't want to know every word in a chat where you invite your mum around for dinner! On the other hand though if you are doing something that you would purposly hide from your partner you have crossed the line on what is acceptable.

1 comment:

  1. What a simple but fantastic rule. You have summed up how I feel, just much more succinctly!

    I am very impressed by your blog, if only we could be having such insightful thoughts and discussions in the db!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete