Friday, March 20, 2009

Listing things

Unlike in the email post where I said I didn't get much out of the topic and then talked for ages, this one will be short! I also didn't get much out of looking at the lists except a lot of disappointment.

When browsing topics I found it very difficult to find topics on my specific interests, only broader categories that they sort of fitted into. Then when I read the posts they didn't seem to really tie in with the topic description, like this one. Maybe it was because most of the ones that caught my attention were not moderated?

A list is good in theory and I can see how they would be good for ongoing information on a topic of interest, but finding said topic with a quality list seems to be the difficulty.

I looked at some other topics that I wasn't so interested until I found a moderated topic... the posts looked to be better quality and stayed on topic!

Over all I've concluded that lists can be useful if you want ongoing information on a topic and you can find a moderated list for your topic of interest, otherwise they are a waste of time.

1 comment:

  1. Ann I just wanted to say thank you for posting the link that explains how newsgroups work. Thank you thank you thank you.

    I have referenced your post on my blog, which I might add I was quite pleased about and I have posted a link to your blog in my blog.

    Thanks again

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete