Sunday, March 8, 2009

So Far So Good....

It has now been a week since I made a start and I'm still in the land of overwhelmed with the amount of stuff to do. Unfortunately I have not got as far through the course so far this week as I would like, but I'm hoping to fix that today and tomorrow.

Part of the difficulty with keeping up is the sheer number of discussion posts. I've been trying to read them all and it is leaving little time for actually getting the work done! As a result I have decided to reverse my approach from now on, and do any work that doesn't involve looking at the discussions first.... then move on to the discussions. I guess only time will tell if this is an effective strategy.

The other issue with keeping up with the discussions is they way they load. That may sound strange but in blackboard each individual post needs to be loaded before being read... unless there is a work around I'm yet to find. Most forums allow a whole thread to be loaded and viewed at once, meaning less time being wasted on loading pages and this makes keeping up with posts and replying much more simple.

Anyway that's enough ranting about the shortcomings with the discussion section of blackboard. Time to go work on those course modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment