Sunday, March 8, 2009

Telnet part 2

WOW that was a trip and a half down memory lane to when computer graphics used to always be really basic! Maybe I’m showing my age again, but I remember when something like that would have really impressed me! – I guess I am still impressed however that someone either took the time… or got so bored that they created that! I would have taken ages and shows a lot of creativity.

It really doesn’t make me any more appreciative of telnet as a whole than the first task did, even if it was more interesting to look at. That being said, I can see that telnet can be used in ways that are quite different to the Internet, and that being said certainly makes it a useful piece of technology.

The biggest thing that I realised by completing that task was how far technology, especially the Internet, has come in the last 25 years. While the trip down memory lane was fun, I now more fully appreciate the quick and simple ways that tasks can be done on the WWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment